Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Day 164 – Too soft?

Doug claims not only is Lukas not developing enough for the big “K”, but I am too easy on him and give him his way whenever he throws a fit.  Let me be clear.  Lukie does not always get his way.  If he did, he would be naked most of the time and simply spend the day sitting around drinking milk and eating goldfish crackers.  The one time a day you see me let him have his way is one of 25+ times that we will do battle.  Pick your battles.  Is it really important that he wear a t-shirt you picked out versus his PJ top (which looks like a t-shirt anyway) to the grocery store?  Is it really important for him to wear tennis shoes versus crocks for a walk down the street?  I think not.  If I let him have a couple small victories, he won’t notice I’m winning the war!  

No comments:

Post a Comment