Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Day 170 – No children please.

I have been trying for the last two months to schedule my “well women” physical.  This is the fun once a year thing where the doctor basically touches all of your private parts and looks where no human should have to look.  Well as a result of the 1) distance to my Dr. 2) traffic in this area 3) limited time that both boys are actually in school and 4) limitations on appointment proximity to certain phases of the moon, I have been having trouble getting an appointment.   Finally I decided it was not the best, but I would just take Lukie.  When I finally found a date/time that would work, the last thing they said before they scheduled me was “no children allowed”.  Well, that would be a problem.  Why can’t I bring my children?  “Well this is a female exam and they will be seeing things that they should not see.”  Oh you mean they might (if they manage to peel their eyes away from the ipad – not likely) get a glimpse of where they came out of?  Or they might see a strange man or women touching their mommy? Is that going to scar them for life or is that an opportunity for open communication with my kids.  I mean they have appointments where the doctor touches their privates and we have to have a conversation about that.  I don’t see the difference.  Oh and I think all boys should at sometime have to attend a gyno appointment just to see what it is all about.  After one of mine a certain wonderful man in my life said “Well it isn’t that big of a deal it is?  It might actually feel good.”  I can’t believe I am stuck in a house with three of them for the foreseeable future (boys not gynecologists).  And I can’t believe the Dr. would rather I not practice preventive maintenance for my body than have a child watch her do her work.  I’m allowed to request a chaperone for this type of exam right?  Well, I request my 4 year old son.  Problem solved.  Medical appointments were actually easier when I was working.  I just skipped work!

No comments:

Post a Comment