Party was not my stress.
Watching Doug stress was my stress.
Apparently he was overpowered by the mess, commotion, general disorder
and craziness that comes with 8 boys under the age of 7 playing in the house
for approximately 3 hours. Doug
survived. Samson happy. I’m no longer stressed (at least about this
birthday party).
Oh and one other thing. Doug was surprised that I did not get a gift for Lukie. I'm pretty sure (because I was their) that he was born in Feb not Jan, so this is Samson's gift day. Doug says that his mom always got him a gift on his brother's birthday and his brother a gift on his. Well sorry, but you married a "not everyone gets a trophy just for showing up" kind of person. It is one day a year and certainly even a 4 year old can comprehend that it is a special day for his brother and his special day is coming up. if he can't, I'll just keep feeding him cake until he forgets. Besides, most of the gifts Samson gets Lukie will play with too. I'll get them dual birthday gifts when Doug starts getting me gifts on his birthday, his mother's birthday, my brother's birthday, Groundhog's Day, the 4th of July, April Fool's Day and the cat's birthday. That sounds about right.
No comments:
Post a Comment