Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Day 239 – The Moment of Truth

The moment of truth was here.  Would the teacher say Lukie is ready for Kindergarten?  Had I permanently damaged him by not getting him into a 5 day full blown, full curriculum Pre-K like Samson?  Had I fried his brain by letting him on the ipad one too many times?  Would Doug’s fears that Lukie and I are just hanging out baking and watching Land of the Lost reruns be confirmed?  The teacher actually told me Lukie is ready for Kindergarten.  However…Wait let me “yippie” about the ready for kindergarten part before you get to the “however” part.  OK ready now.  She went on to tell me that Lukie works really slowly.  Oh and he kind of works really slow because he is so easily distracted.  Oh and he gets really easily distracted because he is being so social.  In fact, sometimes he is so busy talking he forgets to even eat his lunch and he can’t catch a ball.  So actually he is all ready for Kindergarten except he needs to not talk so much and learn to catch a ball.  I’ll have that ball thing under control.  Talking too much?  I think that is nature vs nurture and I will just have to wish good luck to whoever his teacher is next year.  

No comments:

Post a Comment