Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Day 238 – My gym is making me sick.

I am historically the healthiest person in the house, but this year I seem to catch head cold after head cold.  Nothing serious. I just lose my voice and have massive amounts of snot running down the back of my throat for a week.  So I have been attempting to pinpoint what is different from last year and the only thing I could initially figure out was that I am not going to work.  That should decrease my exposure to people and decrease my chances of getting sick right? Well I thought maybe I was getting it from being in Samson’s classroom more, but he was bringing it all home before and he isn’t getting sick.  The only place I go where nobody else in the family goes is the gym (which up until cold temps set in I had also successfully avoided).  

With this theory in mind, I started watching at the gym.  Conclusion: it is a yucky cesspool.  People not only sweat all over everything (which technically I guess they are supposed to do), they sneeze, they snot (OK I was a guilty party here too since the gym keeps making me sick), they breath heavy and cry (if the workout is really bad).  I was even told by a gym friend that she saw someone wipe dog poop off their shoe and onto the side of a treadmill.  Really people where do you think you are? No way I'm even going to check out what the sauna looks like.  So exercise helps keep me healthy, but the place I go to exercise is making me sick.  Answer until the temps get better and I can go back outside – copious amounts of hand sanitizer or turn into a lazy sack?  Have to admit the sack thing is not sounding so bad right about now and my snotty nose agrees.  

No comments:

Post a Comment