I usually don’t feel too guilty when I blow up at the kids
(sometimes yelling is actually a little therapeutic), but today I actually made
Lukie cry. Once I calmed down I felt
kind of guilty. After all, we spend so
much time attempting to teach the kids that there are better ways to deal with
frustration and anger than yelling and what do I do when I get frustrated and
angry – scream my head off.
Unfortunately I could not think of any of our coping mechanisms at the
time of my current frustration. So after
my blow up and cool down we sat down to dinner and I started to explain to the
boys that mommy lost her cool and there are better ways to deal with it than
the way I did. But, before I got any of
this out, Samson interrupted me with “Mommy we know, you love us” and he came
and gave me a big hug. My guilt factor tripled. So I actually am a bad mommy (at least today),
but my kids (at least for now) are very
well adjusted.
No comments:
Post a Comment