Sunday, January 18, 2015
Day 229 – Yoga moms.
I
like yoga as much as the next person, but when I was at Target today I saw
three moms all in the uniform of the day for local moms (yoga pants and some
sporty puffy coat). They were all
chattering away with Starbucks in one hand and their shopping carts in the
other. My initial thought was one of
repulsion and “I don’t want to be like them.
I’m going to have to get a job.”
I don’t want the only thing going on in my life to be Samson’s soccer
game, Lukie’s school play, and what we are having for dinner. My second thought was..”OK get that
apparently massive ego in check.” There
is nothing wrong with being focused on my kids and family. I am very thankful that my mom was home with us. I loved coaching Samson’s soccer team, cried
at Lukie’s last school play I was so happy to be there, and love planning and
cooking family meals. I don’t have to
give up my entire identity and I don’t have to always wear yoga pants and shop
at Target (although I do look good in yoga pants and Target is sooo convenient). Want to be sure I am happy with myself as I
am so that I can teach my kids to be happy with themselves as they are. Great..now I sound like the combination of a
bad parenting and self-help book.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment