Friday, January 30, 2015
Day 241 – Free vs me time.
Sometimes
now I don’t feel like I have any free time.
So when I dropped Lukie off today at pre-school and realized that I had
a whole hour without anything I HAD to do, I initially got this long list in my
head of all the wonderful things I could get accomplished if I went home. I could fold laundry, make the meatloaf for
dinner, vacuum, hang pictures and…wait a minute or I could do something I would
find fun. I could take a book and go
read somewhere (OK great idea but I would probably fall asleep). I could go to the gym (stupid had not thought
of this earlier, so went to the gym at zero dark AM), I could go hit the bakery
(wonderful on some accounts, but may have major guilt issues after consuming
baked goods for an hour). So, finally I decided
to go to a grocery store by myself with absolutely no agenda or list of things to
buy. Sadly or strangely (I don’t know
which), I really enjoyed it! I also got
some great munchies that the boys will like and I would not have noticed if I
was running around on a schedule attempting to fill a list. Nobody else would probably get as much pleasure
spending time this way. I guess that is
why they call it “me time”. Actually
think I used to get more “me” time when I worked. How is that possible?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment