Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Day 226 – I hate the cat again.

Cat is peeing on sofas again, but this time she has decided rather than the sofa made of washable material in the playroom, she will aim for the leather sofa in the main living area.  Vet still says it is stress.  So, today I spent over $50 on a bottle of cat pheromones.  (I wish I was kidding)  Vet told me that the pheromones are made to smell like the smell of a kitten’s mommy, so has calming properties for the cats.  Of course my cat was found on the street without a mommy so her kitten mommy was probably some mean thing that left her to starve.  Will laugh if the smell actually makes the cat pee more.  Actually I won’t laugh.  

After buying and bringing home I noticed the box says 95% effective in reducing cats peeing outside of their litter box.  OK, 95% pretty good, but “reducing” cat pee? That is not going to work. I need elimination of said negative cat behavior.  It is not OK with me to live sitting on a sofa with reduced amounts of cat pee.  Vet also recommended I check out the website of an OSU indoor cat study.  Study basically says that many indoor cats will remain stressed just because they are indoors and are meant to be outdoors.  That just tells me how truly stupid cats are.  That is like a human saying “Oh this nice, warm house with food and people who love me is too stressful.  I think I’ll live on the streets of SW DC.”  If access to the streets is what you want cat, trust me…you are about to get it.

No comments:

Post a Comment