Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Day 237 – Bad Mommy (again)

Lukie usually sleeps a little longer than Samson and is not dressed or ready to go by the time we leave for the bus.  So I can either push Lukas (not a pleasant experience for anyone in the house) or I can put him in front of the computer with his little learning game and give him 10 minutes of screen time while I take Samson (much better for all). This has worked very nicely on rainy days and on days when the wind chill is so cold it will literally take me 20 minutes to get Lukie ready for the 2 minute walk to the bus stop.  Today it did not work so well. 

 I left Lukas on the computer and went to the bus stop as usual.  Waved goodbye to Samson and headed home when one of the other moms distracted me by saying she had baked cookies and would I like one.  Well of course I would like one.  Cookies make for a great second breakfast or mid morning snack (or just about any time snack actually)  and it is nice to have someone make them for me for a change (Lukie makes cookies, but not yet fully edible by human standards).  So I walk past my house and down two houses.  We have a couple of cookies on her front steps and I head home. Bus stop and cookie evolution maybe 15 minutes.  

As I approach the house I can hear Lukie yelling “Mommy, mommy where are you?”  He has the front house windows open and is yelling for me.  I get inside and come to find out he has been crying the whole time because he can’t get the computer to work.  Nail in the coffin – “Mommy I didn’t know where you were and I kept calling for you.  I was so scared.”  OK fine, you can have as many marshmallows as you want today just don’t tell Daddy about this.  Come to also find out that technically I’m also breaking the law as he is only 4 and you have to be 8 in Virginia to be left alone.  At least it freaked him out bad enough to where we won’t get much complaining the next time it is time to leave for the bus stop!  Bad Mommy (again)!

No comments:

Post a Comment