Samson came into our bed last night and requested to
snuggle. Never going to turn that down
(at least not while he is still this age - at 15 I might find it a little
strange). Then he said to me his dream was about a bad person coming to the
school and trying to hurt them. He said in his dream they had to run out the
back of the school. He hadn’t been
watching the news, no recent school shootings he would have heard adults
talking about, no shelter in place drills at school. I guess this means that somewhere in his
little brain it has registered the school is not always the 100% safe place it
is supposed to be. Now instead of just
being afraid of monsters under the bed or in the closet (the things I can
explain away or actually “protect” him from); he is afraid of something that I
can’t really control and I can’t tell him doesn’t exist. That stinks.
No comments:
Post a Comment